Friday, December 9, 2011

To Nelly from Buenos Aires

My friend Nelly and I have known each other for more than 13 years. Can you believe it? we went to school together, we had our own world; of books, cool notebooks with images, notepads, markers, our crushes, highschool life, I loved it.  
At the same time we were also so different but maybe that is why our friendship has endured and gone through everything. We graduated school and went to different colleges, she started her path on to being the wonderful and dedicated Pastry chef she is now, while I studied Medicine. Along the way, no matter what we were going through, we always stayed in touch, Always. For me she is a sister, someone that always had special attentions for every of my birthdays since she has known me, every time I've needed her, she has been there. No matter what.
It doesn't matter what time it is, how far apart we are, we are connected.

 I am currently thousands of miles apart from my friend because I am in Argentina; this weekend  my family organized a trip to visit Buenos Aires so I have been so caught up in the beauty of this city, it is grand and anything seems possible.
When Nelly told me she was getting married I couldn`t even grasp the tip of the iceberg. My dear Nelly, my beloved friend is...getting married, still writing it makes me shiver. Joy fills me and I wish I could be there with her, sharing and hugging her but most of all laughing because that is what we do best. I still remember like it was yesterday when I used to sleep over, she would make the most delicious breakfast, hot cocoa with grilled cheese sandwiches, it was heaven. Dinner was always special too, the best macaroni and cheese of my life, she made it. We don't have to go way back to think about fun things we've done, some thing we might not go around saying is that we call each other up, put the same song on and start singing together (Duet phone karaoke ?), might sound silly but for me it is truly special, that I can just be me, no worries.

 Being in this beautiful city, she comes to mind every step of the way, I love her and can't wait to see her. I wish her the greatest happiness because she deserves it, she is a Good person, hardworking, smart, dedicated, and passionate about what she likes. I wish her to be complete, to keep being positive and believing in herself, because I do, I believe in her.
I haven't met the husband-to-be but that is coming soon, I hope. Congrats Nelly and Brian. With all my love and heart, Congrats!





 -M

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, querida, thank you for this heartfelt post! I laughed when you mentioned our secret karaokes! Love you tons and 13 years? It's nothing compared to the 60 more years of friendship to come! Love you and cannot wait to see you too and have you meet Murray!

    ReplyDelete